My mom is a saboteur. I wonder if she knows it.
How come my mom tends to bake a lot more things I like when I'm trying to reduce my consumption of sweet things? Yesterday, we received a large tin of chocolate chip pecan cookies & some mint chocolate chip cupcakes. Admittedly, I did say, "If you have a few chocolate chip cookies to spare..." when I talked to her on the phone & learned she was baking. She didn't have to listen to me - if I really want something, usually she doesn't listen...
I'm a saboteur too. I'm so weak. I'm guessing I ate at least 8 cookies today. That wouldn't be so much of a problem if I hadn't also consumed sour cream & onion potato chips and a few fuzzy peach candies today too.
At least I had a large salad, and inadvertently made double portions. It was a combo of the "Greener Selection" bagged salad & some baby spinach with Aged Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinagrette dressing. Shane didn't eat his salad, so mine is already for tomorrow.
I have to break these sweet & salty & crunchy & savoury tooth habits I've built up & relied upon for so long. It's not good for me, and it's not good for Jeremy either. Thank goodness he at least loves some vegetables...
No comments:
Post a Comment