Thursday, February 27, 2014

(Slight Lack of) Progress Report

This challenge is totally not going well right now.

I've been sick for about a week.  My runny nose has disappeared, my head is still a bit stuffy I think, and my throat is now just irritated.

I lost interest in charting my food,.because first I was busy & forgot what I ate, and then it got boring.  Now, I'm in the phase where I'm not too hungry because of my throat being a pain in the ass.

My goals for this week were to;

 Exercise - run x 3, hip & glute strengthening exercises x 2, two rest days

Food - plan my meals for each day this week, Mon to Fri

That's all I was up for this week.

The official group challenge this week was to plank once a day for 30 seconds.
The Team that Planks Together.....
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
gets stronger  :tongue:

Top 10 reasons to plank:

10           it develops "functional" core strength for everyday activities
9              improves your posture
8              it makes you a more efficient runner or walker
7              improves stability
6              increases upper body strength
5              strengthens hips and pelvic floor
4              there is always a modification for starting for any fitness level
3              increases low back strength and reduces risk of injury
2              the options for progressions are endless
1              those abs will look amazing once you've removed those layers over top!


So let's all plank this week.  Once a day 30 sec minimum.  For every plank picture in this thread I will award a puppy or a kitten picture to make this thread cute!

GO.
So far, I have;

-planned my food once.  Then I didn't stick to it very well.
-ran three times.
-not done any hip & glute strengthening exercises.
-planked once, on the first day.  I found out halfway through from my photographer that my bum was up in the air.  This is the corrected form.


No comments:

Post a Comment