Monday, May 5, 2014

Mississauga Half

I ran the Mississauga Half yesterday, despite my longest recent run was "only" 15k.  It was a scramble to cram it in last week, so I would feel somewhat prepared. 

In the race, I was doing pretty well, nicely paced, not stressed out in breathing & whatnot.  My knee started acting up around 15K, and I gave it time to rest.  I made it through the remaining 6K by running a bit less, and walking a bit more.  My knee lasted with no real pain. My time wasn't great, but not only was it quicker than my last half, but I enjoyed it way more than Chilly.  :)

I purposefully tried to put myself in a positive frame of mind, and smile a lot, and it worked.  It helped that it was a beautiful day.  It started out cold & dark clouds seemed to be rolling in, but then the sun came out.  I even got a bit burnt.  It was windy, but sometimes the wind was at my back, which was nice. 

Unfortunately, my body aches today.

No comments:

Post a Comment